Day of Interaction
OMG, my arms are sooooooooooooo tired. Carried like 4kg of kiwis up the killer slopes of Auckland City for about ½ an hour. It was 2 days ago but my arms are still aching. I was at the International Students' Welcome Tea today. Got to meet the main faculty members, mostly those in-charge of the international students. Also, got to chat up with some exchange students. There are many Germans doing their post graduate degree here in Auckland. Sad to say, I was the ONLY Asian at the tea. This once again goes to show how few Asians do law in Auckland Uni. Hee..the snacks that they provided were tasty man. I was shocked to see samosas on the plates. They weren't as popular as the rest, I think cos its spicy.
Sth interesting happened at my Philosophy lecture today. Actually, critical thinking lectures are one of a kind. It's the first time I've attended a lecture that is so bizarre. There are 3 main lecturers and I think about 7 teaching assistants who are Auckland University students as well. So, what usually happens during the lecture is that there will be role playing to put the examples across to us. Anyway, back to the funny thing. Elections for the AUSA president are coming and in the lecture theatre, there were yellow campaign leaflets on each table. One of the teaching assistance suddenly came up with the idea to patrol the lecture. He labeled (literally) himself a roving shush-er and threw crumbled pieces of the yellow paper at whoever was talking to tell them to hush. haha...I tot it was really amusing but I think he really distracted me so well...his aim of making the lecture theatre more condusive for listening failed terribly for me.
Evan invited me to join his group of friends from the Overseas Christian Fellowship for dinner. It's my first time seeing such a large congregation of Malaysians and Singaporeans. Haha...the people are real nice. After dinner, I actually went to crash Jo's 22nd bdae party. Felt quite bad cos I don't know her and I didn't have a present for her either. But, she was really nice abt it and was friendly. I wanted to leave at 1130 but the rest were still very into their conversations. So, I actually was prepared to walk back on my own cos I don't know the ppl well and it's quite embarrassing to ask them to walk me back. Luckily Jun Bin could sent me back in his car. If not, I think I'd be pretty freaked out walking back on my own. The streets are like real deserted at this hour. Further, Josh was saying that the streets are not safe on a Friday night cos there're a lot of drunks. Also, Tanya was relating to me about how she was robbed just outside her apartment. So, I really think cannot afford to let my guard down here. It's not as safe as Singapore.

5 Comments:
heya carol! sarah here.:) glad that u've decided to start a blog to detail your stay in NZ! Great way to keep in contact with your friends and family too. anyhow,nz sounds like a nice place and i'm happy for u that u've managed to make so many friends so quickly!friends r very impt in driving the homesick feeling away.meantime,enjoy ur stay in nz ya! take care too! ^_^
Heya carol, it's gd that u're keeping a blog, now i know what's going on in ur life. Anyway i'm glad that u're only a tasman sea width away as compared to before. Yups anyway if u feel like you need someone to talk to or anything like that, please don't hesitate yeah. Take care of yourself meanwhile!
CARROT CAKE!! U WRITE GOOD!!!
hahaha...i'm sorry, the pox must have gotten to my head (well actually it already did. literally. oh wells.) MISSING YOU my dear friend, i'll harass you on ur blog often!! hahaha...
-the poxed xw-
Carol spends all her money on wine tasting and fattening food. When she comes back to singapore, bing and I will ignore her only because we can't recognise her anymore. Carol is definitely on her way to becoming A FAT PIG. We will need to play more sports when she's back. Mwahahahaha
hey carol hope everything has been going well for u so far! take care and god bless :)
Post a Comment
<< Home