Karang Guni Carol!
Today was a freaking cold day. Bad bad weather. It rained for the whole day. It was so misty that I could see the sky tower, the landmark that leads me home. Ok, I bet Kitty and Xiao Wei must be laughing now because I'm known to have a very bad sense of direction. Well, either the roads are easy to recognise or my sense of direction has improved because, I can find my bearings pretty alright here in Auckland. At least I haven gotten lost yet. *cross fingers that I won't any time soon* =p DV8 aka deviate was quite a disappointment cos the music was bad and the worse part is that we paid $20 bucks for it. There was a big hype about DV8. It's an acclaimed party and is supposedly the biggest Asian party. It was troubling thinking of what to wear there because, it's clubbing and people usually wear less to club but when the weather is so cold, what do people here wear to clubs?! Anyway, we didn't want to wear our coats. It's hot inside the club and it'd be too much of a hassel to hold it in our hands. I mean, how do u dance with a BIG winter coat in ur hand! The last time we went for pub night, one of us had to sit down and watch the coats. Chee Chuan, Jiayu and I were still very decently dressed. We had 2-3 layers of clothes on. Vain Daryl only wore one thin white shirt. The WSA gals (they shall now be referred to as this. hee..), wore their coats, i think it was cos they didn't know that St James theatre was so near both our places. Anyway, we arrived really early, like 10plus. The doors weren't even open yet. Man, we're such enthusiastic people. So, with lots of time in our hands, we ended up exploring the place, the coats room (where the WSA gals deposited their stuff) and the toilets even. We were also observing what people wore. Many of them wore exactly what people in Singapore would. Unfortunately for us, we didn't expect that there would be a coats room if not we could have been more daring in our dressing. At DV8, they were openly selling party pills, at $10 for 3 pills only! Haha..i took their advertisement poster back. Quite interesting. The stall holder was actively promoting it to me, telling me how the pills are absolutely safe and legal and that they were going to break into the Asian market. Don't worry though, I won't ever try such things.

One of the biggest bouncers I've seen!


Our shocked and disapproving looks upon discovering the party pills.

Us and the Koreans.
And the award for the most boldly dressed goes to *drums roll* ... opps, we forgot to ask for her name.
I'm seriously getting addicted to picking up boxes. I'm such a scavenger. Haha..NZ is very environmentally friendly (which was one of the reasons why I chose to come here, to do environmental law). They have specialized recycling companies for glass, paper, plastic etc.. In Singapore, it's just one company, semb corp that collects all our recyclables. Shop owners put out cardboard boxes by the street in the evening to be taken away by the paper recycling trucks. So, there are lots of boxes by the streets every evening. I’ve been taking boxes from the streets here and there and till date, I’ve accumulated 6 boxes! Haha…I’m addicted! It’s not that they look good or anything, it’s just that they’re really useful for me to compartmentalize my things and keep my room neat. I hope my boxes are not a fire hazard! (esp with my heater in the room. My heater is so close to everything cos my room is so small that there’s only so much distance between everything in the room)

Me, the environmentalist!
Oh yes, I received a post card from Sarah from California today. She's doing her summer school there and was so sweet as to mail me sth from there. It's so cool that we're corresponding from 2 different continents. Thank you Sarah!! =) The post card is now on my 'wall of fame'! Hee..
P.S: The 4 kg of kiwis mentioned previously weren't for me to eat! I was helping Michelle carry them back cos she was going to bring them back to Singapore. This note is for the benefit of Cynthia Ong. How cld u say that I'm greedy. =(

5 Comments:
Dear Carol,
it is of course much to my regret that I had 'misunderstood' your intentions regarding the 4kg of kiwis. I sincerely apologise for my actions and deeply regret them. I hope I have not caused you much distress with my extremely insensitive comments which had referred to you as a 'FAT PIG' and jeered at you. My intentions were innocent. Please accept my most sincere apologies and do not pursue me with any form of legal actions for I am just a struggling law student stuck here in Singapore BECAUSE YOU ABANDONED ME for greener(literally) pastures.
I will never forgive you.
Lots of love and kisses,
Cynthia Ong
Haha. The picuture of you picking up boxes is really funny. There's a rubbish truck in the background and it looks like you're trying to garang guni everything before the truck comes! Greedy Crall!
hey carol! thanks for the sweet mention of me(and my postcard) on the entry. and i could send u more stuff even when i get back to sg! :) i love writing snail mails to places halfway across the globe. ^_^ (although i have no idea where NZ actually is, except that its further than aussie land?)
ello.. u mentioned my name!! ha.. :) congats that u finally are not lost! keep up the good work! can't believe u r some cardboard woman??!!! tsk tsk.. are they clean at all? hee... wow it sure sounds like fun over there.. partying almost every other day... dunno why, but i thot that u guys looked quite jap with the poses.. heh.. hope u wun get into trouble with that job.. tink u'll have money and more fun! :) enjoy~
Well, looks like the green bug is getting to you too! Keep it up and save the earth in the process! Oh yes, please check for nasty insects like wood louses and cockroaches before bringing them home....hahahha
Jie-Jie
Post a Comment
<< Home