University of Auckland VS Auckland University of Technology
Exerted my voting rights today. The elections for the Auckland University Students’ Association (AUSA) are ongoing. Well, I didn’t exactly intend to vote but one of the candidates, Vadim, approached me and asked me to cast a vote for him. Well, ask and you’ll be given . Haha…I decided to vote for him over the other candidate running. Ok, I’m not that frivolous. I actually read about his campaign in Craccum 2 days ago and I’m totally in favour what he claims that he’ll do if elected president, namely, cheaper food on campus (very impt!!) and free bus fares for all tertiary students (how cool is that?!!).

The school was a sea of yellow posters beckoning students to vote.
Speaking of Craccum, (the Auckland University Newsletter which is published every week! Very often compared to NUS’ monthly issues. Hmm..is it monthly even? Not too sure.) the students at Auckland University really hate the AUT students man. AUT is another university with a city campus. In this week’s issue of Craccum, one of the writers said and I quote, ‘AUT’s pathetic attempt at producing a rival to Shadows (the Auckland university’s bar)’. Terry also mentioned before that the students in Auckland University look down on AUT students. Aww…don’t fret Chao Chia, we still love you. =) Chao Chia is the only one from our group of 8 Singapore exchange students doing her stint at AUT. The rest of us are all at Auckland University.
Oh yes, I submitted a job application at Dunkin Donuts today. I’m so excited!! I hope I get it!! It was sth I did at the spur of the moment when I happened to walk past the donut shop and saw that they were hiring. Although, I think I’ll prob not get employed because it’s specifically stated in my visa that I’m not suppose to work but it’s just so tempting!! The idea of earning money and eating donuts!! Hope I get hired!!! I mean, they’re not even stringent in Singapore, they don’t even check your identification card when u apply for a part time job back home. Hmm…I hope they’re lax here too!!

5 Comments:
Hello Crall!
having loads of fun there huh? catch you online soon alright? meanwhile take care!! -Shellen
hey hope u get it! (:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
hey!working at dunkin donuts sounds like a cool job! over here in UCLA, there are jobs available in the hall as dining staff; pple who portion out the food for students to take during mealtimes, which is kinda different from urs at the donuts place. but yeah,do be careful about the job-visa thing. ^_^
hello! =)
this is my first time dropping by! glad tt things r gg well for u..
anw i heard tt in adelaide, u jus go 2 immigration n get a chop on ur passport (i think for a small fee) and there u have ur work visa! so maybe it's like tt too over at ur side so u can check it out!
Post a Comment
<< Home