Mid-Sem Tour, Day VIII – Huka Falls and Lake Taupo
On the way to the Huka falls, we did a bush walk, with the river just below us. The river was beautiful. I can’t express how much I loved being so close to nature.

Crystal clear waters
The Huka falls were surprisingly majestic. The day before, we had a peek at it from the look out point. Then, it didn’t look like anything special because the drop of the falls is not very high. But, when we were up close and personal with the falls, it was a different feeling altogether. Although the waterfall was only a short drop, the speed and force with which the water was falling just struck a beat in my heart. Also, the colour of the water is so blue. Yeefang and I cldn’t bear to pluck our eyes away from it.

Hmm...Pictures are a little dark aye?

Next Stop: Craters of the Moon
Craters of the Moon was a little disappointing. The fact that we have been to more spectacular places made everything seemed so miniature and I felt like I was in Hobbiton. The name craters of the moon is really apt though because there are many little craters in the whole park. The craters formed when the vent in the ground gets blocked, leading to a build up of pressure and a small explosion.
Doesn't everything look like a mole hill?? haha..Little Hobbiton.
On our way back to town from the Craters of the Moon, we walked by the side of the highway. During the duration of the whole walk, we were horned at I think at least 10 times. Motorist and their passengers would horn and get our attention and then wave their hands at us. It started to get frustrating after a while because it’s quite startling and I have a weak heart for loud noises. They must have been wondering like what we were doing walking by the side of the highway. Much to our delight, the path gradually became bigger as we headed closer to town and there was even a descend so we walked on the lower ground and hence were no longer visible to the motorist. Hee..
Finally reached Lake Taupo!! Trivial: It's the size of Singapore!! Yes, that's how they introduce the Lake in Brochures!
After walking for 7.5hrs, I was just so beat and it didn’t help that the bone near my ankle was teasing me. The pain was acute but weirdly, there’s no sign of abrasion. When we finally reached the look out point for lake Taupo, Yeefang and I were SO SO happy that we cld finally sit down!! During the walk, we were both joking about how we shld have those portable chairs so that we can just stop and rest wherever we wanted to.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home