A Nice Home Cooked Meal
Yay! It’s so timely that it’s bright and sunny today, after several days of rain. Took the opportunity to sun my pillows and blanket. Just did a massive clean up of my room. I suspect that my bed has bugs! Upon Rochelle’s advice, I decided that it was high time I vacuumed my bed and hopefully get rid of any microscopic bugs. The terrible insect bites that I got have yet to heal. It has been more than a month already! I’m starting to get really frustrated. Thank god it’s too cold to wear anything less than jeans. I dread to think how it’ll be like when I get back to Singapore though. I’ll probably suffocate in the heat if I’m deprived of wearing shorts thanks to these abhorrent bites!! (Yes Yishu…I’m going to be even more dependent on air-conditioning)
Over the weekend, I went to Kat’s house. How ironic that I’m seeing her home even before her!! Kat’s mum came over to Auckland last week to settle into their newly bought house and she invited me for dinner. Kat’s new home is beautiful. The house resembles a log cabin, with wood interior that enhances the cozy feel to the home. Uncle showed me around the place. Just behind her house is the Botanical Gardens and the master bedroom overlooks the garden. It’s SO idyllic and romantic!! That’s not even the best part. They have a Jacuzzi, an open air one!! There’s even a BBQ area. It’s so luxurious. This is really what life should be man… Now I understand why so many people migrate.
We then headed to Auntie’s friend’s house where we had a nice home cooked meal of chicken rice. Yum…Claris is Auntie’s old IJ friend. Claris and her Kiwi husband are both doctors. They have 3 lovely girls. I only met 2 of them because the eldest is living in the city. She’s studying in Auckland Uni too. She’s so fortunate, her dad bought her a nice apartment along Hobson Street and a Mazda sports car as well!!! How lucky can one get! The middle kid had leukemia twice but thank god she’s feeling well and good now.
Dinner at Claris’ place reminded me of Mum and Dad and the times when we would go to their friends’ homes. The food, company and topics that were discussed over the table made me feel nostalgic. It felt nice to be the kid again.
P.S: Cynthia, this entry is for u. Honoured? Haha..

2 Comments:
i want an entry for me too!! anyway. are those bites really bad? take picture and post leh. hurhurhur
haha sorry yishu(although i may not have met you yet), crall forgot to mention that in fact, ALL the entries are for me! hahah,i sound so obnoxious. but i am actually a very mild and nice girl. yes very honoured indeed crall! more more more! YOU NEED A TAG BOARD BADLY.
Post a Comment
<< Home