Rain rain, go away, never come back again.
It has been raining ever so often recently. Because of the rain, our weekend trip to Northshore was dampened (both literally and figuratively). We went there for a Korean festival where Daryl took part in a food eating contest. Was quite surprised that he would take part in such a contest. Turns out, he won a pizza eating contest in Singapore before, that’s why he was feeling confident that he’d win this time round. Unfortunately, he did not win the $300 prize. He was pretty close though as he was eliminated only in the 2nd last round. We watched performances at the festival. One pretty impressive one was a traditional drums performance. The beat of the drums resounded very deeply in all our hearts. In my opinion though, overall, the festival was quite a disappointment. There was a disappointing no of stalls, whether games, costumes or food.
We had bought an all day bus pass with the intention to explore other areas near North Shore but it was so COLD that all we wanted to do was to get back home. One nice thing we got out of North Shore was that we got to eat fish n chips the NZ way, in paper. Hehe..It was fantastic!
Yeefang and I enjoyig our fish n chips!
It’s been so drafty this week. The winds are so terribly strong that I’ve difficulty walking with my umbrella. Many a times, I almost became Mary Poppins. Daryl’s umbrella actually broke, with the top part flying 3km away, leaving him with the pathetic pole. Afraid that my precious umbrella will end up in that state, I’m always careful not to overstrain it so sometimes, I’m forced to close it and walk in the rain (luckily it’s usually just drizzle). My friends have been complaining about wet feet due to the rain. I never realised it was a problem, thanks to the Gortex Timbreland shoes I bought from Singapore. hehe.. now that was a good investment. =)
Jia yu and I shielding from the rain!
As Hsien Fei suggested, I went to enquire about my student visa at the international office today. To vary my student visa to allow me to work 20hours a wk, I have to pay $60. I was just thinking about whether I’d actually have enough time to dedicate to work cos at the moment, I don’t even have time (or is it discipline? Hmm..) for school work. Starting to get pretty stressed out over sch work partly due to the upcoming test this Fri and because I still haven done any readings till date for my law papers. Need to buck up! So, my conclusion is that I shall only convert my Visa if I get the Dunkin Donut job which I really want cos it looks fun and simple.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home