City of Sails

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Taking a Breather

Just got thru a hellish week. OMG, I have never felt so ill-prepared for exams before. Life in NZ is so different though. I felt stressed out for the first time here just 3 weeks before the exams. The downside is that getting stressed out so late means that you only start to put in effort into studies late and man did I feel the impact of that big time. Stress has inflicted me with nightmares for 2 consecutive days. I got them even when I took afternoon naps. Weirdly, I dreamt of ghosts and the scene was my room, with me sleeping on my bed i.e. in my dream, I was in the exact same position I was in, in reality. It freaked me out cos I had this dream continuously on the 3 occasions I slept in those 2 days. I was scared to the extent that I did not want to sleep for fear of having to go thru that terrifying experience. At the same time, I did not want to stay up any later than 3am cos Huiling had to remind me about the Exorcism of Emily Rose recently. It was such a dilemma!!

Hadn’t been on Skype so Mum and Dad could not contact me. They resorted to calling me on my handphone. That call was quite a life-saver cos they called me when I was having such a bad day (one of the factors being the lack of good rest due to the nightmares). It was last Saturday, after my Insurance paper. On sat, I was fretting about a 40% assignment I had not started and a Commercial Law exam that I knew I had no chance of finishing studying for it. So, the call provided much relief, esp for my cluttered head that refused to absorb anything I was reading. Nonetheless, sitting for an exam here isn’t as mind-blowing as in Singapore, probably because I know for a fact that my grades won’t be crucial to my degree. Despite having said that, I’m still going to be more disciplined next semester.

I’ve been taking a break since the Commercial Law exam yesterday. Feels carefree to not have to think about exams for a while. To top this great feeling, I was pleasantly surprised when I receive 2 letters from home today!! A beautiful card from Sarah (yup, I’ll be going back in Dec. =) ) and a letter from Wanzhen (I love how u makes them so personal with photos!!) Thanks girls! U really made my day!! They are both proudly framed on my wall now. Hee..

Yay, exams end this Fri and then off I go travelling!!! :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi carol! i know what you mean abt getting stressed out late. i feel the same way too! do press on :)

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home