City of Sails

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Chronicles of Auckland– The Series

Weight.

Contrary to popular belief, the ang mos here are pretty slim. The Asians here are also slim but that isn’t really unexpected I guess. I don’t see that many fat ppl in school. In fact, I have only seen one today! I attribute this to the sloped nature of Auckland City. As the ppl in NZ believe in leaving everything as natural as possible, they did not level the hills in Auckland but instead built the city to fit the steep slopes. Just for me to get to school, I have to climb up and down 3 steep slopes. It’s hard to imagine how people drive manual cars around the city. Considering how steep the slopes are, it’s so easy to roll backwards. I haven’t witnessed that yet though. So, I guess walking up and down the slopes does provide good exercise for the city dwellers and that’s y they’re so slim. Hmm..does that mean I can indulge in chocs without feeling so guilty?? Hehe..

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My friend went Ozzie for studies and when she returned 1 year later, she looked like little Nemo.... hahahh...eat at your own risk :)

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home