City of Sails

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Porn Star Parade at Queen Street

A few wks ago in the papers, I read about this controversial porn star parade that was going to take place at Queen Street. I thought it was interesting but I forgot to take down the date of the parade. Kitty's email to me reminded me of it. I was quite shock to find out that they actually reported about this event in the Straits Times. I wasn't sure if it was over cos I read abt it in the papers so long ago. So, I just tried my luck and asked Rayvin if he knew when it was. I think he now has the impression that I'm a pevert to want to go and watch the parade. Man...there goes my reputation. Let me justify myself. I find porn distasteful so, the only reason why I'd go to the parade is that u'll never see this sort of thing in Singpaore. So, yes, it was more for the experience rather than anything else.

I must say that I was really lucky because the verynext day, (wed, 23rd Aug), when I was on my way to buy bus tickets at Queen Street, I witnessed the whole thing!! Haha..On my way down, this HUGE crowd was gathered. cars were not moving, there were people in their suits standing on the roads, ppl standing on cars, construction work seized, the workers were viewing the parade from the roofs of buildings. It was so amusing!

Topless female porn stars were on board convertibles, army tanks and behind ridding pillion on Harley bikes. (Yishu, are u drooling? Sorry, I didn’t bring my camera out and so I didn’t take any pictures. Hee..) This parade was a means to promote the R18 Erotica Party that is going to take place here in Auckland. I must say that they did get all the publicity they wanted. According to the papers, close to 100 000 people were present.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OEI! your reputation ruined don come and ruin mine ok! hurhur

7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no pictures?! haha.

12:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

crall, how come i haven't seen you online the past few days? hope you're alright! contact me soon ya? :)

4:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Len: oooh it must have been a real sight!! (:

4:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

carol! pornstar parade, must have been quite a sight! reminds me of the gay pride parade that was in San Fransisco while i was there. haha.and you're so right about going there for the experience since u'll prob never get to see it in singapore. ^_^

1:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home