All Blacks VS Wallabies
Had a really good time at the All Blacks game last Saturday. It was my first time ever watching an international live match at a stadium. I was so excited abt it and thankfully, the game lived up to my expectations and beyond them in fact. Before the match, I was diligently doing my homework and reading up the rugby guide. Didn’t want to be lost and not know what’s happening on the pitch (afterall, the tics cost me a hefty sum of $100) But, there’s only so much u can remember from reading, u need to watch the game to familiarize urself with the game itself. Darn, I shld have watched the previous tri-nations matches on TV. Oh well, I did get most of what they were doing in the game, the scrum, try and conversion.
On our way to the pre-game party at Globe Bar, we met with a sea of yellow. Yes, the Wallabies’ supporters. We traitors took pics with them. Hee.. Soon after, we were greeted with a sea of black. There was a difference in the atmosphere in Queen Street. You could sense that everyone was in high spirits and all excited about the clash between NZ and their arch rivals, Aust. The hype made me more and more excited abt the game by the minute.
At the pre-game party at Globe Bar, I got my face painted rather boldly. Luckily Chao Chia was sporting and agreed to accompany me, if not, I’d have felt like an alien. I think my face painter liked what I instructed him to paint. He was so proud of it and he kept on telling me how I was looking good and ‘hot’. He actually caught me from the crowd at the end of the game to reiterate his point. I tot that I looked rather ghostly though.
My Face Painter
Ardent All Blacks Fans!
Unfortunately, we missed a large part of the Hakka, the highlight of the game for me. Sobs…The roads were really jammed on our way to Eden Park and we had to get off the bus to walk to the stadium, that’s why we did not make it in time for the start of the game.
At the early parts of the game, we were clutching on to our seats because the Wallabies were coming on strong. But, the All Blacks came thru in the end and won the game with a score of 34-27!! The game also crowned the All Blacks the champions of the Tri-nations Cup!!
The overall experience was really great, the cheering of the crowd, the booing of the Wallabies, the amusing comments made by some of the spectators and the presence of Wallabies supporters planted in the All Blacks supporters’ stand. They seriously made a courageous choice, they were so severely outnumbered. Haha…at the start of the game, when Aust was leading, they were provoking us by cheering for the Wallabies, but, they got a taste of their own medicine the All Blacks took the lead back. Hee…





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home