City of Sails

Monday, June 18, 2007

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr......................

It's been so cold these 2 days. The temperature took a major dip. It was 7 degrees and with wind chill, 3 degrees in the morning today. Huiling and I had to take out the heater. I have a feeling that this year's winter is going to trump last year's winter to be the coldest winter in Auckland so far. On Tues, it's going to drop to 4 degrees. I wonder what the wind chill would feel like then. Not looking forward....

Crap, this is really not going to help my assimilation into HOT Singapore. Dreading the heatwave as of now. Not really enjoying the freezing cold here as well. Man, if only there could be an in between.

Visited Dad's friend, Uncle John and Auntie Julie at Paeroa yesterday. It was such a good break. They gave me a tour of their farm which is if i remember correctly, 150 hectares, with 300 cows. Uncle John is manning another farm and helping his friend look after a farm now. So, that's 3 in total!

I got to see a picture of the new toy that they'll be getting next month. You'll never guess what it is. It's a plane!!! And, they just made an air strip on their farm. It's a plane purely for recreational purposes. They intend to fly down to visit their son Stewart in Nelson (down South) more frequently when they have gained more confidence in flying long distance. How cool is that!!!

Dad, Mum, sorry but Uncle John and Auntie Julie are going to beat you to being grandparents. Stewart's wife is expecting and the baby is going to be due in Aug. Jie Jie's baby is only going to be due in Nov. They've got a 2 month advantage. haha..

Really enjoyed going out into the country. We went to the Karangahage Nature Reserve. It's one of the 101 must-dos in NZ. There used to be a goldmine there and the town of Paeroa is planning to turn it into a tourist attraction, to become sth like Ballaret in Melbourne. I got to see an open cast mine for the first time! It's quite ugly actually but impressive too. Auntie Julie is an ideal tourguide because she's in the District Council and so, she knows all the happenings of Paeroa and the district.

Oh, I learnt a new trivia, that L&P originated from Paeroa. L&P stands for Lemon and Paeroa! Ok, I don't actually think we have L&P in Singapore. It's this tasty soft drink available here in NZ!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home